Friday, August 1, 2014

MORE PHOTOCOPY FUN - Handcoloring a Still Life

We've said it before--photocopiers are great tools!

For this project, I placed a few flowers, leaves and stems directly upon the glass plate.
To keep from crushing them flat with the cover, I used a cloth over the arrangement before pushing the "copy" button.

The machine was NOT a color copier.


how-to, Prismacolor
TIP: Make a lighter copy, not too dark.
THE FUN PART
If the paper is too slick, spray it with a matte
fixative first, which will help "grab" the pigment. (It will add tooth.)

I used Berol Prismacolor pencils, and yes,
the project reminded me a bit of coloring
as a kid in a coloring book.

BUT IT WAS FUN!

Try it yourself...I promise you'll enjoy it.


P.S. Here's a link to a really exciting project with photocopiers...
http://mixedmediamanic.blogspot.com/
2013/10/you-too-can-be-warped-technique-

1 comment:

  1. Great site you have here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!